Fasst Replacement Elastomers
Keep your Flexx Handlebars performing like new. Just like your suspension, elastomers do need to be freshened up. Compression elastomers are the wider ones at close to 3/4 inch, while the Rebound elastomers are just under 1/2 inch. Compression elastomers only go on the inside of the bar, while Rebound elastomers only go on the outside.
Compression Elastomers: We recommend changing your compression elastomers every 8-12 months to be sure your Flexx Handlebars are performing as intended.
- Most common setup: Most riders prefer yellow Compression Elastomers with red Rebounds.
- O.E.M. Adjustments: The stock setting on the nut is 3 threads showing past the nut.
- Fine tuning tips: Each elastomer is tunable on it’s own by going in or out with the nut. If you go in on the nut it will stiffen the bars, going out will make the bar more compliant.
- Green: The super soft Green Compressions are only recommended for low bars with less leverage on the elastomer.
Rebound Elastomers: Absorb the abuse on both directions. Rebound elastomers further absorb high frequency abuse and vibration. They are half the height of our Compression Elastomers, with a different chemical make up to control the articulation of the Flexx Handlebars during the upward movement.
- Most common setup: Most riders prefer Red Rebounds. Red Rebounds absorb abuse but don’t allow you to pull up on the handles.
- Stiffest option: Black Rebound Elastomers work well for our SX and EX riders but move out of the confines of a stadium and those riders are using red rebounds.
- Yellow VS. Red: Yellow Rebounds absorb more abuse than the red but allow the rider to slightly pull up on the bar. There are some extremely fast racers that choose yellow rebounds, claiming they hit obstacles harder with them.
Availability: In stock