MX Tech WP Reservoir Tank Kit
Problem: In 2016 all KTM and Husqvarna link applications, with the exception of the 250/300 two-stroke, changed the reservoir to a simpler and less expensive design. The parts are not completely finished on the internal diameter and use a very cheaply made plastic free piston. If the parts are not positioned within a very narrow window, they will fail in operation causing the shock to perform incorrectly. With such a limited placement window, tuners can’t effectively manage the pressure rise characteristic for different conditions.
- Solution: MX-Tech spotted an opportunity to improve upon the stock design and offer our customers greater performance, more tuning options with precise placement of the reservoir piston, easier service, and most importantly improved quality.
- Performance: The Tank system features a 2mm larger diameter piston. This reduces the effect of the temperature change in the shocks impact on rod charge. The piston now moves more slowly, improving compliance, traction and comfort for the rider.
- Tuning options: The piston features a standard Ohlins positioning nipple. This allows the shock piston to be precisely placed and measured. This gives tuners the option to control the effective volume change on the gas side, and super consistent builds for repeatability.
- Easier Service: The end cap can be removed via circlip design, allowing the piston to be removed during routine service without removing the cylinder. The system can be configured with either a Schrader valve or a high quality stainless needle gland fitting. This makes the design easy, compact and 100% reliable.
- Quality: Like anything MX-Tech makes, the quality is second to none. The parts are machined from 7075-T6 aluminum and anodized. The free piston assembly comes with a piston ring to allow for free movement.
Fits: See fitment tab above
Availability: This kit is currently being redesigned by MX Tech. Stock is limited with no ETA on more.