Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Adjustment Tool for KTM, Husaberg, Husqvarna Honda
Adjust your TPS to improve performance! Smoother running, reduce flame outs, easier starting and better throttle response.
Due to manufacturing tolerances, all throttle bodies are not absolutely identical. Some let through slightly more air than others, and adjusting the TPS voltage allows you to find the value that gives you the best result for your specific throttle body. Secondly, some models such as the KTM EXC models come with excessively lean fuel maps that can lead to misfiring, stumbling and flame outs at small throttle openings. Raising the TPS voltage slightly increases fueling resulting in reduced flame outs and a significant improvement in smoothness and performance, especially at small throttle openings.
TPS adjustments are very simple! Simply increase the voltage .02v and test. If it’s better, increase another .02v. Continue as long as you see improvement. If you do not see an improvement, go back .02v. You should find your perfect setting very quickly.
- Fits any bike that has a TPS plug matching one of the product photos.
- Set your meter to DC Volts. Choose the mV setting if your meter has the option. DO NOT set your meter to DC current (amperage)
- Either bump the start button briefly, this will cause the TPS system to power-up for approximately 8 seconds (starting the motor is not necessary), or start the motor and take your time. For kick-start-only bikes, simply start the motor and let it idle while measuring and adjusting
- No external power supply needed
- Works on non-KTM bikes. Unplug your TPS and look at the connector. Simply match your connector to one of the product photos.
- Lifetime warranty for the original purchaser.
NOTE: Compare your TPS plug to the pictures and whichever model matches your plug is the model that you need.
Fits: See Fitment tab above
Availability: In stock
Shop Slavens Racing for all your KTM, Husaberg, Husqvarna and Honda intake needs!