ProTaper Self Engaged Launch Assist (SELA)
The revolutionary Self-Engaged Launch Assist (SELA) from ProTaper solves a problem faced by motocross racers of all skill levels: setting a start device alone is awkward at best and impossible at worst. Due to its patent-pending self-engaged twist dial, SELA can be easily set without any assistance, giving riders the freedom to practice starts and line up for races by themselves.
During a start, SELA makes it possible to temporarily compress the motorcycle’s front suspension, reducing its tendency to wheelie under acceleration. This optimizes rear wheel traction, which allows the rider to be more aggressive with the throttle and launch down the start straight with greater control. Tanks to its unique, modular design SELA can be installed on most full-size, late-model motocross bikes. A dual-hinged receiver ring makes for quick and convenient installation without removing the front wheel or fork.
- Patent-pending self-engaged twist dial enables easy, unassisted operation
- Dual-hinged receiver ring for quick installation and precise fit
- Forged aluminum alloy construction for lightweight strength and durability
- Hard-anodized moving parts resist corrosion and wear
- Durable laser-etched graphics with engagement confirmation markings
- Includes all parts and hardware necessary for a wide range of applications
- Detailed installation instructions/templates available at protaper.com/sela
Fits: See fitment tab above
Availability: In stock