Adventure Spec Baltic Insulated Jacket
The ultimate technical riding mid layer…
You have a long ride ahead of you and it’s going to be cold, REALLY cold you want to travel light and only take a single mid layer with you. You have no idea what tonight will bring, hotel, campfire, tarp? So, whatever you take it needs to be seriously warm and seriously versatile… Welcome to the Adv Spec Baltic Fully Insulated Jacket.
At 375g this mid-layer packs (200 x 200 x 120mm) a serious insulating punch. Covering the entire upper body with a heavier weight of Thermore® insulation than its lightweight cousin The Baltic Hybrid this jacket is the ultimate non-electric cold weather riding tool. Cut for riding, when the hood is removed and stored in the chest pocket this jacket is perfect for use under any armored shell or over any armored base layer. As the external temperature decreases the Thermore® intelligent insulation will increase its capacity to retain your body heat by up to 20% ensuring that your core remains comfortable and warm. However, it’s versatile nature becomes evident when you’re off the bike. Pop the hood back on and huddle down around the campfire to keep warm in the evenings before retiring to your sleeping bag with your Baltic Fully Insulated travel pillow. Or head out to explore the local area, safe in the knowledge that if you get caught out in a brief shower it will be brushed off by the water resistant hood and shoulders. Oh, and did we mention it looks understated and helps you blend in wherever you go? The perfect traveling companion. Finally, being a synthetic insulator Thermore® will continue to help you retain your body heat whether it is wet or dry and dries incredibly quickly as soon as the conditions allow. If things get really extreme…layer up the Baltic Hybrid and the Baltic Fully Insulated for a crazy level of warmth (we do!).
- This is a windproof and insulating mid-layer garment only. It has no ability to absorb impact or resist abrasion.
- When used with an AS core base layer it should keep you comfortable in temperatures below 5C (40F) in anything but persistent rain
- It has a removable hood that can be stored in the internal pocket making it the perfect companion on and off the bike
- The hood and shoulders of the jacket are made from a waterproof material making the jacket the perfect campfire/travel companion during short showers
- 130g Thermore® Thermal Booster Insulation
- Hand warmer Pockets
- It packs into its own chest pocket for easy storage in your luggage or transformation into a travel pillow.
- Lightweight wind resistant fabric
- Removable Hood
- Water resistant shoulders and hood to help deflect the rain
Availability: In stock