Adventure Spec Atacama Race Shell
A super lightweight (460g) waterproof breathable jacket designed to be worn over armour during rally stages. Comes with a removable, waterproof, neck brace compatible collar to aid venting. Unobtrusive when packed into its own chest pocket.
Designed as a waterproof, windproof and super light pocket-packable jacket to be thrown on during a cold early morning rally liaison (or a rare desert shower) this jacket redefines adventure/rally lightweight rider wear when used over the mesh Atacama Race Jacket. Made from a 210D 3 layer ripstop fabric designed specifically by AS for making lightweight motorcycling clothing, the fabric keeps the weight and packed size to a minimum whilst enabling superior levels of wind and waterproofing.
The jacket is designed to be used in three configurations:
- no collar attached at all, open necked around a Leatt style neck brace for maximum cooling flexibility
- neck brace collar attached, to close the jacket down into a fully water and windproof shell for those high altitude Dakar stages, cold early morning desert liasons or as protection against that random downpour
- with the non-neckbrace collar attached, for those times off your bike in the cold or wet Malle Moto bivouac when you’re struggling with the inevitable bent nav tower!
The jacket also comes with a single throttle/brake friendly chest pocket (which the jacket can be packed into) and lots of reflective panels for maximum visibility on those early morning/late night rides.
- This is a Leatt neck brace compatible outer shell jacket and is designed to be wind and water resistant (we have found it compatible with most other neck braces).
- The jacket does not have any insulation, impact or abrasion resistance.
- This jacket is made from a 3-layer laminated fabric, which means it does not need any lining to be waterproof. It appears as if it is a single layer of waterproof material.
- 3 Layer lightweight ripstop waterproof breathable fabric
- One ‘Throttle Friendly’ chest pocket
- Reflective panels to aid visibility in poor light
- Includes both a removable neck brace compatible collar and a removable standard neck collar
- The jacket weighs 460g
- Packs down into its own chest pocket which is 150mm x 150mm x 100mm
Availability: In stock