F2 Carbon Forge MIPS Helmet by FLY Racing
The F2 Carbon Helmet has established itself as a top choice in race circuits around the world. The helmet earned a reputation as one of the most comfortable helmets on the market. The new F2 has taken this to the next level with its one-piece tri-composite carbon fiber shell and mouth guard, MIPS® (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System), and best in class airflow. The new F2 excels at impact technology without compromising the comfortable fit—with an all-new bold look.
- ECE/DOT approved
- MIPS® Brain Protection System: helmetintegrated, low-friction layer designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts
- Carbon Matrix composite shell
- Dual-density EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner
- Custom rubber trim with integrated nose guard
- Lightweight machined aluminum visor screws
- Stainless steel rivets and D-rings
- Two shells and Three EPS sizes for a precise fit
- Removable and washable COOLMAX® comfort liner and cheek pads
- All FLY helmets have TFV (True Functional Ventilation). When in motion air is forced through multiple air intake vents, then passed through aligned vent channels in the EPS and exits out multiple rear exhaust vents
- Quad-vent above eye port draws air from goggle to reduce fogging
- Soft fleece helmet bag
WHAT DOES MIPS® DO?
The MIPS Brain Protection System is designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head. Brain injuries originate not only from direct impacts to the head, but also from rotational forces resulting from impacts occurring at an angle. The MIPS technology is scientifically proven to reduce rotational motion by absorbing and redirecting rotational energies and forces transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
HOW DOES MIPS® WORK?
MIPS works by installing a thin (0.5–0.7 mm), ventilated, custom cut low-friction layer inside the helmet liner. The layer is held in place by an assemblage of composite anchors that flex in all directions. These anchors hold the layer in place, around the head, but provide a small movement in response to angled impact.
If your helmet doesn’t fit right, we will exchange it for FREE so you get the right size risk free.
Availability: In stock