Adventure Spec Baltic Hybrid Jacket
‘When I want to take a single mid layer with me. It must work over and under armor, be warm, pack small, look good off the bike and be comfortable and practical enough to sleep in so I can add an extra ‘season’ to my sleeping bag on cold nights’…Welcome to the AS Baltic Hybrid Jacket.
Ever wished you could just take a single mid-layer with you on your trip? One that just worked for every situation you could throw at it, on or off the bike. One that packed small, punched above its weight in terms of warmth and didn’t make you look like a spaceman when you walked into a cafe? Yeah, us too… Weighing in at a mere 325g and packing down not much bigger than a can of coke don’t be fooled into thinking this isn’t a serious proposition to carry for a sole mid-layer. We named the Baltic ‘Hybrid’ after its ability to allow the rider movement like a stretch fleece, whilst insulating really well like a synthetic down. The secret of the Hybrid is in the cut and blend of the materials. In the high heat loss areas like kidneys, neck and chest we use panels of Thermore®, intelligent insulation that increases its insulating capacity by up to 20% as the temperature cools, this allows the jacket to automatically regulate temperature on or off the bike making for an incredibly versatile garment. In all other areas of the Hybrid we use a stretch fleece that also insulates, but allows the jacket to expand and contract without any restriction of movement. Ultimately, this means the same jacket fits you perfectly over or under armor, on or off the bike. It’s a simple quick drying concept, but one that has changed the way we pack, race and ride…try it yourself. You won’t be disappointed.
- This is an insulating mid-layer garment only. It has no ability to absorb impact or resist abrasion.
- When used with an AS Core Base layer and a windproof shell it should keep you comfortable in temperatures down to 10 Degrees.
- It is specifically designed to stretch over bulky body armor, but will still fit perfectly over a plain base layer/T-Shirt.
- Body mapped Insulation panels with Thermore® Thermal Booster Insulation.
- Chest Pocket
- Hand warmer Pockets
- Hem draw cord with one handed release
- Stretch fleece fabric to give freedom of movement and comfort
Availability: In stock