Adventure Spec Atacama Race Jacket
Dakar born and bred. A lightweight, neck brace compatible, bombproof mesh race jacket.
Neck brace compatible race/rally wear born on the Dakar Rally. Mesh vented and super lightweight (1050g) the jacket has 1000D abrasion zones in high impact areas and can be worn over a hydration pack. It also features a unique rear cargo pocket.
You want maximum ventilation, maximum protection, minimum weight and complete freedom of movement based around a neck brace compatible race jacket? So did Lyndon Poskitt for his 2016 and 2018 bids to win the Dakar Rally’s infamous Malle Moto class. So we made this… A low snag Military grade mesh jacket that allows an almost completely free flow of air around your torso and arms to keep you cool when the going gets hot. And for crashes? 1000D Ballistic Nylon ‘6-6’ panels in all key abrasion/impact zones. Crash tested on camera multiple times by Mr Poskitt himself! The Atacama was also one of the only jackets to complete the recent 2018 Kalahari Rally (3rd Overall / 1st Malle Moto) without tearing on the deadly Bostwana thorn bushes. Ensuring the perfect fit (with or without a bladder) are four strategically placed stretch panels located around the shoulders and upper arms giving you superb unrestricted movement.
The Atacama race jacket is designed to be worn with armor next to your body for those looking for extreme impact protection, but also has armor pockets designed to accept the class leading Level 2 Isolator Forcefield armor inserts (shoulder, elbow and back) so you need never be left unprotected from impacts. This jacket is perfect for multi-day race / rallies where weight, temperature control, protection and visibility are all key considerations. Shop Slavens Racing for all your riding jacket needs!
- This jacket will need to be worn with other AdvSpec layers if you want to stay dry in wet weather or warm in colder weather. Used by itself it is designed for hot weather riding.
- When worn with an AdvSpec Core base layer this jacket will keep you cool and comfortable in hot dry temperatures between 25C (80F) and 35+C (100F)
- You can use this jacket without a neck brace although you will have a much wider neck opening than you are used to (great for really hot weather).
- The rear pocket is large enough to fit the Atacama Waterproof Shell, a buff and a spare pair of gloves.
- Two mesh chest pockets
- Rear stretch panels to allow you to wear a slimline water bladder under the jacket
- 1000D Ballistic Nylon fabric in key abrasion zones
- Two mesh chest pockets
- Military spec snag resistant nylon 6.6 mesh fabric for maximum ventilation
- Reflectivity to improve rider visibility
- Shoulder, Elbow and back protector pockets
Availability: Limited stock – new redesign coming